Sunday, June 1, 2008

The STINGING truth!





Ive been working all sorts of hours lately. Seems like three days since Ive looked online. Wednesday, I was pulling weeds and I uncovered a Hornets nest. BAMB! I felt a burning on my knuckle and figured I had caught it on a briar. As I glanced down I noticed a hornet digging his stinger into me in the same fashion as an Alaskan oil driller, drills for black gold. Last time I was stung I was eight and still living in Romania. I had a terrible reaction to it and was hospitalized. (clearly an over reaction to it by a British Mother in a Communist country with limited medical access) Now, my allergic reaction seems to have faded over the years, because other than the burning, no ill effects were felt. So I have since, abandoned that patch of soil and moved on as they say to "greener pastures"!

No comments: